Friday 13 March 2009



Every good gardener starts by drawing up a plan of the garden, does soil testing and then looking at the potential for hidden spaces and so on.

I am not a good gardener.

I looked at the garden, cleared a bit here, dug a bit there, watered my little pots and sowed a few seeds. I measured nothing. I drew nothing. I was heroic in my intention, weedy in my application. Do I regret this haphazard approach? A little bit sometimes, but then my friends would all recognise the less than tidy nature of my thinking. However, I just love my garden and that's enough for me. So, starting in front of the rather grandly named conservatory (nothing oak and glass, slate and blinds, more a lean-to, but great functionally) I decided to dig a bit and put in some of the pots I brought with me from England. Husband cut down the conifer at the top of the waterfall and I cleared half a ton of green stuff, making room for the water to flow - eventually. We also spent lots of time lookig at more fab sunsets. Life didn't get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment