Friday 20 March 2009

THE WEATHER IS GETTING BETTER!



The hellebores that Shirley gave me, along with the little pots of mini daffs and a couple of other bits have gone into the vertical garden opposite the conservatory. I agonised a little over this because the garden round the side of the house where the conifers were looks pretty bare and I thought they might go there, but then I bought a "job lot" of very small hellebores and put those in at the side - they'll grow - eventually. So the bank where we sit and look out was the best place - and the whole thing looks lovely. The hellebores are dotted about, with a double one I bought by the old steps. I put little daffodils in with a leucomis and some aconites amongst the snowdrops to make up what I hope will be a colourful spring display. Husband has now left his old job in England and is no longer travelling. Some friends were very kind and gave him a bench as a leaving gift which has now been placed on the patio looking over to the Basin. Thank you Tim, Lynda and Sally. I planted a couple of pots with new zealand flax in and some ivy to add a little interest at each side of the bench. In a fit of activity we cut down the conifer at the beginning of the steps to the top so that we could actually get past. It has opened up the whole section of the garden and I will do something with it at some point.... The primulas are flowering on the bank to the left of the steps and almost look like another waterfall when they are all out. I have pupt some snowdrops here, as well as some heathers to see if they survive the rabbits. The lilac tree is also about to flower and when the sun shines it is just heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment