Friday 13 March 2009

WORK!


Now we get to the part where it starts to get more interesting. The changes. Apart from sounding like a sad old Bowie fan (which I am not) changes had to be made. Husband wondered why, but Husbands generally do.

The summer of 2006 was the most idyllic summer of my life. I do not say this lightly, but I llok back on that time as magical. The weather was fantastic, so the doors and windows were open all the time. The light in Scotland is amazing and you can work until midnight if you wish. And I wished. The children were on holiday and so was I. No work. All play. Poor Husband did have to work, but with such a place to come back to it didn't seem so bad.

I cleared some of the overgrown weeds around the trunks of the trees by the bog garden. The resulting knarled roots and trunks which came through are fantastic. There are all kinds of little holes where I am sure creatures live. I did regret starting with this section when many, many bugs were disturbed and ate me alive. But it was very rewarding. I also sowed tons of seeds for next year, foxgloves, verbascum, oriental poppies and the like, hoping to plant out in the autumn. Also spent many hours looking at the sunsets with a glass of well-deserved wine. As Alan T says, you have to enjoy the garden too...

No comments:

Post a Comment